Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Time to Fall Back

For those who may have missed it, today, we go back to Standard Time. Well, it was supposed to be 2am this morning. So before I went to bed last night, I made sure I adjusted my clock an hour backwards. It gave me an extra hour of sleep.

As soon as I got up, I checked the clock to make sure it was the right time. I had to make sure of it because I had a scheduled girls volleyball game at Moreau and didn't want to be late for it. Our first game of the season was against the other St. Joe Gold team, which we won handily in straight sets.

Jake and the wife had wanted to watch the game, but Jake had tons of homework to do and was concerned he may not have enough time to finish them all. I don't blame him since he still had volleyball practice to go to. With the schedule of my game and his practice being tight, the wife took Jake to practice instead. Today, it was at King's Academy -- a place the wife has not been to before. But with Google Maps, it was all good.

Before I picked up Jake in the evening, I did a quick grocery run, mostly for Jake's lunch at school -- pastrami, ham, and bread, plus a few other stuff. On the way back from practice, I had this sudden craving for pizza. I was dead set on Mission Pizza, and nothing would change that unless they were closed. Knowing how long it took to make them, I called in our order. By the time we arrived from Sunnyvale, it was be ready. Perfect timing.

When we got home, Jake realized he left his Bell sweater at practice. I asked the wife to text the moms, whose sons had their practice right after his. The plan was for them to retrieve the sweater and bring it to school the next day. With no reply from the texts, I just hopped on the car and drove back to King's Academy. Now, I normally wouldn't do this, but since it was a Sunday and traffic was fairly light, I didn't mind. Otherwise, he would have kissed his sweater goodbye, and charged it to experience.

Now, that was any extra 35 miles on the car, almost $8.00 on gas, and 40 minutes of unproductive time. But a Bell hoodie sweater, priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment