Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Last Christmas Pageant

Tuesday, December 18, 2012. It was the annual Christmas Pageant at St. Joseph School. It was also the last pageant that my son will participate in.

For the last 9 years, we've been diligently watching this holiday event put up by my son's school. Students from kindergarten to 8th grade filled both sides of the church, as well as the altar, as they sang Christmas carols to the delight of their families and friends. In between songs, a mini skit on the birth of baby Jesus was performed by 2nd to 4th graders.

This show is a much-anticipated activity that both parents and students look forward to during the holidays. The pews get filled up at least an hour before show time, with each guest trying to get the best view of their little one. And parking can be a nightmare.

The entire affair has been conducted by the school's music teacher, Francine Zeppa, with the help of other faculty members and school staff. Mounting an event like this is a feat in itself, so my hats off to Mrs. Zeppa and her crew for pulling this off each and every year.

I don't want to sound too sentimental (I hate it), but it never dawned on me that THIS was my son's last  year doing this pageant. And each year, we did drive up to that school on those cold winter nights to listen to children singing Christmas carols.

For a while, I chronicled each one, but stopped midway (I'm never good at doing this). You can see how the kids have grown over the years, from being five-year olds to young teenagers. Where have all the years gone? Everything's so fast. Despite the missed photographs and videos of the revelries, all the memories will remain in my mind and heart forever.

Great job, son!

No comments:

Post a Comment