Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Birth Day

It was a bit chilly this morning. I woke up like it was any ordinary day. Not a whole lot of expectation. I guess over the years, I have learned to appreciate each day, birthday or not, and be thankful for it. And this day was no different, except that I am 47 years old.

Frankly, I really don't think like I am 47, but maybe younger. Maybe because I don't want to feel old. Who does? Whether we like it or not, it's the body that reminds us we are getting a little older. That we shouldn't ignore.

Anyway, there wasn't much activity at work today, except for a one-hour meeting till noon. After that, I walked to the Cathedral to hear mass. Like any other ordinary day, there were a sprinkling of devotees who hear mass regularly. Mass ended sooner than I expected, so I had to text my peer to come meet me at our building lobby for lunch. We wanted something quite different and narrowed down the selection to an Asian cuisine. It was either Hawker Fare or Vo's. We chose the latter.

The rest of the day was dead, at least for me. I just literally counted the hours. I was so checked out. Earlier in the morning, my son did receive his Student of the Month (for December) award during the morning assembly, along with his BFF, Coby, who got the Blue Ribbon award for academic excellence (also for December). What's funny was that both of them received similar awards 2 years ago in 6th grade.

The night before, we were trying to figure out where to go for dinner today. We zeroed in on Santana Row, but still debated on where. We finally chose a lighter fare because I prepared steak for dinner yesterday, and having red meat on back-to-back days probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. We went for Pizza Antica.

I've never been to this place, but my wife has. I checked their menu online and it wasn't big. They're suppose to have good pizza, but I didn't know what makes theirs different from any other "artisan" pizza place. They had a few appetizers, pastas and entres, which sounded good. But the only way to know was to try. All I can say is that I need to go back, try it again, and write about it. The pasta dishes we got were so freshly made that I couldn't remember when was the last time I've had anything as fresh or if I've had any, anywhere, period. Really fresh and simple.

Being a school night, we headed home right after dinner, stuffed.

As the end of the day neared, I paused to thank the Lord for the day, and the year that passed. I wished that the coming year would be better, brighter, safer, and more peaceful, not just for my family, but for everyone else.

Salamat.

No comments:

Post a Comment