Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Frosh Mixer At Pres

With barely two weeks into the school year, Presentation High School held it's first frosh (freshmen) mixer last Friday. This was sort of the first official mixer and our Bell boys were all excited. Jake has 4 classmates from St. Joseph that goes to Pres -- Leah, Celine, Bianca, and Natasha. The theme of the mixer was "Aloha".

This mixer had been advertised at the Bellarmine website since summer. It was open only to freshmen boys, particularly Bellarmine, I suppose. If there were others, I wasn't aware. Tickets had to be purchased in advanced, and online. I did so a couple of weeks prior to the event. To get in, the attendees had to show their school ID, and proof of ticket purchase as well.

A week or so prior, we had to do some last minute shopping for a Hawaiian-themed shirt. Since it was almost the end of summer, he were lucky to find one that was good enough to pass as a Hawaiian apparel. Jake's other buddies weren't as lucky, and settled for their father's Hawaiian shirts.

I brought the boys to the mixer. I had Nick, Coby, Devin, and, of course, Jake. Devin is from St. Francis but was invited as a guest by one of their former St. Joe classmates. We left Fremont a bit early because I wanted to beat the traffic, since it was a Friday. There was hardly any, and we got to Pres quite early. And so did the other carpool of St. Joe Bell boys -- Matt, Andrew, Luigi, and a friend (I missed his name), and driven by Lorraine, with Ben (Matt's parents) riding shotgun.

As call time neared, the boys got off, and we all headed out. As I was exiting the campus, Jake called me to say that Coby left his school ID in the car. So I circled back. As Coby was getting his ID, I got a call from Ben, and was inviting me to join them for dinner somewhere close by. I had planned on going home, returning later to pick them up, since I didn't make arrangements with anyone to hang out in San Jose. It was a good thing I got the invite from the Chews.

We killed 2.5 hours with a dinner at nearby Blue Rock BBQ on Meridian, then some frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti across the complex. Earlier we were looking for a nearby Starbucks, but chanced upon the yogurt place on our way out.

Just past 10, we found ourselves lining up to get into Pres to pick up our boys. Once inside, the boys hopped in and off we went. Then, I found out that no food was served at the mixer and they haven't had dinner yet. Well, they certainly looked hungry to me. We proceeded to In 'n Out in Milpitas for a late night bite. It was about 10:45pm.

As soon as we were done, I dropped off each boy at their house, starting with Devin, then Coby, and finally, Nick. Jake and I got home close to 11:30pm.

It was another long day. I was glad I was able to sleep in the next day. Looks like there will be more of this......????

No comments:

Post a Comment