Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Always Last Minute

I am not a shopper, and never will be, regardless of what the occasion is. I'm the type that would go out and know exactly what to buy, then I'm out. Quick and easy. So, I rely on my wife for all things SHOPPING.

On Christmas eve, we did a last minute trip to the city to complete our fairly long gift list. Instead of trying to figure out where to park, we went straight to Westfield and had our car valeted at Nordstrom. I think the $20 was worth the hassle. Besides, I'd probably pay the same at other parking structures, and I have to park the car myself.

We basically knew what we wanted to buy so it was a matter of going to the store and choosing from a variety. We hit 5 or 6 stores, up and down the mall, till we completed the list. Westfield wasn't as packed as I thought it would on Christmas eve. We were pretty much done with lots of time to spare. We proceeded to the food court on the lower level for a bite to eat.

Since we had the car valeted, we couldn't leave the stuff we bought in the car. So we lugged everything as we headed to Union Square. First stop, Niketown. A couple more stores later, then we're done. We went back to the mall for our last stop at Tory Burch, only to go back out again on Union Square, at the store's other branch, for a final purchase.

Before darkness engulfed the city, we were on our way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment