Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Maeve's Dance Recital

My godchild, Maeve, had her dance recital this evening a Chabot College in Hayward. She attends dance lessons at Yoko's in Fremont.

I have never been to a dance recital before. All I knew were piano recitals because of James. When I was his age, I took piano lessons, too, and I had my share of piano recitals. But a dance recital was totally different. I didn't realize that it was a BIG production, with all the dancers of the studio performing multiple numbers.

Yoko's is an institution in Fremont. Most, if not all, of the children of people we know who took dance lessons went to Yoko's. Like I said, I have never been to a dance recital, or even seen what goes on inside a dance studio. So when we got invited to watch Maeve's recital, I was just blown away. The performances from all the dancers were just amazing. And the tiny-winny ones were just so cute and charming.

The recital ran for more than 2 hours. Normally, you wouldn't find me watching a play, or ballet, or anything of this sort, but I truly enjoyed this dance recital. It was something new to me, and I am looking forward to next year.... that is if my godchild will continue dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment