Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 3 But Business As Usual

It's Monday and Day 3 of the BART strike. The impact of the strike was felt today than over the weekend as commuters going to & from work had to deal with other means of getting to work. It looked like most people were prepared and have learned from their experience during the strike back in July. But it still was a major pain for most. And I'm not even going to talk about the strike itself or my personal bias might be too obvious.

With the strike on, I had to work from home. It was business as usual. First on the agenda was a call-in to the Compensation Leadership Team meeting. And that pretty much took the entire morning. One downside with these call-in sessions is that most speakers (in-person) are not too conscious that there are participants on the phone and that they need to speak up a little more than normal.

Being a Monday, it was my day to pick up the boys at Bell. My 5th grade girls had volleyball practice today as well, but since I was the designated Bell pick-up, I was not able to make it. I am thankful that I have very able assistants who ran the session in my absence.

As for tomorrow's fate, I'll have to wait tonight to find out if BART management and the union have reached an agreement. For now, we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment