Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday Update

I don't know what's wrong with the first few days of the work week, but, as far as I am concerned, there really wasn't much going on. I'd like to believe it's the lull that follows a typically busy weekend. A time to recoup or detox, if you'd like to call it that. Probably, the first Bell home game and loss to Serra, plus the first power league volleyball tourney in Martinez over the weekend were enough excitement to last a few days into the following week.

Like I always did, I took Monday off -- the day following a power league tourney. It was time for me to relax after all the driving and watching the volleyball games, and sitting under the sun for tailgating. In the morning, I brought Jake to his carpool ride to Bell at 7am, then came back home and went back to sleep. And I was pretty rested after that.

The evening prior, I requested the Tuesday carpool mom if we could swap pick-up days only for this week. I would do Tuesday, and she would do Monday. Fortunately, she could and everything worked out well. This meant I would do back-to-back days, Tuesday and Wednesday, while she does Monday and her usual Thursday and Friday. Later that afternoon, I attended the 5th grade Blue team's volleyball practice at St Joe.

Tuesday was the first pick up day of the week. Coby had a dental appointment and was picked up earlier, so I only had Jake and Nick. My son had wanted to watch the freshmen water polo match against St. Francis since Nick had basketball conditioning till 5pm. Traffic was light and I got to Bell quite early, and was able to watch most of the water polo match with Jake. I had on my calendar a girls volleyball match between Moreau and Irvington. But it was too late to even catch the 6:15 varsity game.

Today started with our usual staff meeting, which I presided over. It was another pick up day, too, and, like the day before, traffic was surprisingly light. There was a Freshmen Parents Night early this evening, and the wife and I were contemplating if we would attend or not. Earlier in the day, I was taking polls from other Bell parents on who would be attending. It was split, and we ended up not going. My argument was what else would they talk about that had not already been discussed in past meetings and/or in materials and documents sent by mail, not to mention the other information that's available on the website and the daily StayConnected emails.

Being a Wednesday, it was a day for some ragchew on 40m amongst SBARA folks. At 8pm, I tuned in and scanned around, but heard no one. I guess there wasn't any tonight. I had also noticed that the band conditions, even on 20m and the low bands, had been horrific. Maybe tonight was one of those nights. With no one heard, I turned off the radio as quickly as I turned it on.

I left the ham shack (aka computer room cum office), went to the family room, turned on the TV, and tuned in to my earlier recording of the Texas-Oklahoma women's volleyball match. A relaxing way to end the day.

Note:  Author wishes to acknowledge Sportslogos.net for the use of the logos in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment