Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 2: Mulan Jr

Day 2 of Mulan Jr. Third and final show. Sunday, 1:00pm.

My son slept in, like he normally does on a weekend, and he had a pretty decent breakfast. Next thing I knew, he was getting ready. He was getting picked up by a co-cast member for the 11:30am call time at Moreau. Suddenly, I got a call from his would-be pick up and was running late. Knowing my son, he didn't want to be late. So, I grabbed the car keys and we took off. In 20 minutes, we are at Moreau.

I dropped him off, then headed back off to pick up the wife (again). By then, we didn't have time to eat, like I planned to, before the show started, so we went directly to Moreau. With about half an hour to spare, I went to the concession stand just outside the main gym and got a couple of hotdogs and nachos for a quick bite. From the "Mushu" concession stand (for Mulan Jr guests), I bought 2 diet sodas. Wife and I sat at a picnic table outside Mushu's and dined al fresco. We also had a good view of all the guests that came to watch the last performance.

It was 1:00pm. Show time.

From what I saw, I thought we had pretty much the same number of guests as in the second show. Same as last night, I sat 3 rows from the very back row. I had the best seat in the house because I saw everything. No tall person obstructing my view and I didn't have to crane my neck. And like the second show, I felt the cast members were even more comfortable on this last show. Practically no inhibitions. They gave it their all, and everyone seemed to have a grand time. even the crowd was rowdier. There were times, though, that the kids wanted to get the show over and done with they began fumbling their lines.

At the end of the performance, the lead director thanked everyone (she could remember) who helped make the shows successful. A representative from the school and another from the parents each thanked the 4 directors for their work, and presented each one with a note (or maybe a card) and some flowers. As in the previous 2 shows, raffle prizes were given away as well. After all the thank-yous have been said, the cast members went out to the lobby for a final mingle with their guests, before they were called back in to clean up.

After the show, some of the cast and crew and their families proceeded to a Chinese buffet (in keeping with the theme of the show) for an early dinner.

Well done.

Bravo (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment