Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Time for Service


My car needed servicing. As a matter of fact, the message on my console had been reminding me of it for the last month, and it displayed how many days had passed since then. Although it only pops up when I start the ignition, it was kinda irritating.

After so many days, I finally decided to bring it in for service. It was not that I didn't want to, but, again, I just didn't have the time to do it. And the best way for me to get things like this done is to do it during the weekday. Since it is Holy Week this week, it wasn't busy in the office. I guess some people are off, too, because their kids are out as well. Instead of leaving work early today, I decided to just work from home, and bring the car to the dealership in the morning.

It was one of those regular maintenance check-ups, and my trusty service adviser, Ron, was there to take care of me, and the car. I'm not a demanding customer, but he knows what I want, which he often obliges, whenever he can. He said I could pick up the car at around 3pm, but it might take longer. I told him that I was hoping to pick up my son from school at 4pm, so he promised he would try to get it our sooner. He also knew that I was not planning on getting the complimentary loaner car, so it was important that he gets it out on time.

Kash was the name of the courtesy shuttle driver that took me home. He was very respectful, and drove very carefully. Sometimes too carefully that I almost fell asleep. When he dropped me off, I told him that I may need him for a ride back to the dealership once the car was done, hopefully, by 3pm. During the ride, he offered me water. For a while I thought he had a mini refrigerator in the trunk. But I passed.

About 1.5 hours after dropping off the car, Ron called to tell me about a part that needed to be replaced. Always happens. But what could I do. I confirmed, then hung up. After lunch, he called back and said that the car would be ready by 2:30pm. Wow! Ahead of schedule. I then called Kash for a return pick up. By 2:15pm, he was outside the house. Once at the dealership, I settled my account, and off I went. By the time I got to my son's school, it was 3pm.

Frankly, I don't mind bringing my car to the dealership and having work done there. I know that I will get excellent service from my service adviser, and from the service technicians that actually work on the car. The only thing I hate is the exorbitant cost for such services, most of which goes to labor. It's the price to pay for quality service.

No comments:

Post a Comment