Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stressful Saturday

Weekends are suppose to be relaxing. It's the time of the week that you look forward to after a long, busy week at work. However, last Saturday wasn't one of them.

The day began with tidying up the house a bit before the cleaner cum masseuse arrived. Well, let's just say that she's a masseuse that dabbles in house cleaning as well. Let's call her M. It was the first time for M to clean the house, so we do not know what to expect. But we know she is an exceptional masseuse. She started off my giving the wife a massage. This gave me time to run to the grocery store and get some needed cleaning supplies she requested.

By the time they were done, I was on my way back. Once M started, I headed out to get my bike from Bicycle Garage. I spent the next hour or so having water bottle cages and saddle bag installed, making final checks on the bike, and getting last minute tips on wheel dismantling and general maintenance. I tried shopping for some cycling jerseys, but I got a text message to drive back home for lunch.

M said she wasn't hungry so she didn't care much about lunch. I guess she was just shy to say so, but we had to get her something. The wife and I decided to go to BK Bistro for lunch. And so did 20 other friends & acquaintances, and more than 100 strangers. BK was unusually packed for a Saturday lunch. That morning, James watched his classmate, Ashley, go for her black belt in Taekwondo, along with the latter's friends & family. And all of them decided to go to BK as well. We didn't want to leave M home alone with no food, so the wife ordered food to go instead, rather than wait to be seated along with everyone else. James stayed behind and ate with them.

As soon as I dropped off the wife at home, I left to get my own lunch. I was thinking of having Filipino food, but opted for ramen instead. Just as I was finishing up, I got a text from the wife asking me to go grab some clothes hanger. And so I did. By the time I got home, it was already past 3pm. Where did the day go? After a while, James came rolling in. A two hour lunch?

But it didn't stop there. I had to help tidy up the house (again), and let robot do her thing. Robot is the irobot cleaning device we have at home. When the dust settled and M had left, it was about 5pm. We decided not to attend Easter Vigil and just rested. Imagine if we did. It would have been a VERY long day. Instead, we went out for dinner at BJ's, and had an ice cold beer to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment